REPORTING TO: Management Team
JOB HOURS: Flexible, depending on the needs of the business 16 – 36 hours per week
- Maintain agreed high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and odour control.
- Maintain and observe all Health & Safety requirements and infection control policies, procedures and outcomes.
- Care provision - Day to day duties
The following list gives examples of the type of duties you may undertake. All of these should be done in a manner which encourages service users towards the maximum degree of independence and activity appropriate to their abilities;
- Liaise with the management team for special daily cleaning requirements
- Collect cleaning materials and equipment at start of day, ensuring sufficient supplies are available and advising the relevant manager of any need to reorder.
- Clean all parts of the house as directed and in accordance with cleaning schedule.
- Report any possible safety hazards to the management team.
- General domestic cleaning and tidying.
- Washing floors and other surfaces.
- Vacuuming and dusting.
- Emptying of domestic rubbish bins.
- Cleaning bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and hallways.
- Removing cobwebs from ceilings and walls.
- Laundering sheets, towels and personal clothing in the home.
- Changing bedding as directed.
- Complete any reasonable task requested by the Management team.
- Co-operate with service user’s carers, relatives, health care professionals. Maintaining a flexible approach to the service provided.
- To respect the confidential nature of the work, giving information to a third party, only with the prior consent of the client.
- Complete deep clean of all rooms weekly
- Carpet cleaning
- Sterilise equipment in the home
- To take part in marketing activities as requested by the Centre Director.
- To ensure all cleaning equipment is handled correctly and kept in a clean condition and any faults or hazards are reported promptly.
- To comply with regulations in respect of Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire precautions etc. and abide by the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To abide by the Company’s Quality Procedures, Policies and Work Practices and to report any non-conformances in the correct manner. This includes the Company’s Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Recording and reporting
- To complete daily cleaning records to the required standard
- To complete temperature records as directed.
- Evidence a willingness to interact with residents
- To attend staff/team meetings and other meetings as required
- To undertake induction training and participate in training programmes which are required either by law or Company Standards.
- To promote the good name of the Home and the Company at all times
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the Centre.
Last reviewed: September 2018
- Certificate Level 2 in cleaning (Preferable)
- Up to date Health and safety training
- Training in Infection Control/COSHH/RIDDOR regulations.
- Knowledge of environmental health regulations.
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Safeguarding practices
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Understanding of COSHH/Infection control guidelines
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strives to reach the highest standards in customer service
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally
- Compassionate, patient and empathetic
- Flexible and approachable with a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Deals with emergencies and difficult situations effectively
- Completes records with accuracy and detail
- Works on own initiative
- Team player
- Commitment to own professional and personal development
Apply for this position
Back to Recruitment