REPORTING TO: Management Team
JOB HOURS: Flexible, depending on the needs of the business 16 – 36 hours per week
To manage the preparation of all meals in the Care Home. To undertake a range of tasks associated with food preparation including the preparation
To understand the need to promote privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment of all residents, treating everyone with respect.
To prepare nutritional food to a high standard, taking special dietary needs into account
Observance of Health & Safety requirements with regard to maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times in accordance with the appropriate Food Hygiene Regulations using the “Safer Food Better Business Manual”
To assist management in producing a weekly menu.
To prepare lists of food for purchase of fresh food and supplies from Preferred Suppliers in line with the budget.
To monitor stock control
To ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen is maintained to the highest standard
- Kitchen provision – General day to Day duties
- Open up kitchen
- Check equipment and maintain records
- Check temperature of heated trolleys/fridge and freezers prior to food being transferred
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, tea and supper, supervising transfer of trolley to the dining room
- Prepare fresh soups, cakes, etc. where possible, rather than buying them in.
- Maintain and supervise daily/weekly cleaning schedules
- Liaise with Manager for special daily requirements and celebrations
- check stock maintaining relevant records
- Ensure correct labelling, storage, rotation of foodstuffs
- Delegate kitchen closing checks
- To act at all times, in accordance with Peasmarsh Place policies and procedures.
- Ensure menus are presented and displayed in such way that residents can understand them and make daily choices on what they would like to eat during the day.
- Ensure that meals are provided is sufficient quantities, taking into account the diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs and preferences.
- Ensure that the kitchen and serving areas are clean and maintain a high standard of infection control and adhere to the Food Standards Act 1999.
- Ensure that crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchen equipment is cleaned regularly and that all necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dinning room.
- Ensure that appropriate clothing, including head ware, is worn at all times by staff working within the kitchen area.
- Cooperate fully with statutory inspections and implement recommendations as appropriate.
- To ensure that the kitchen inventory is maintained and kept up to date and to report to the management team any items that are damaged or need to be replaced.
- To ensure that all food preparation is contained within the food budget.
- To report any suspected pest infestation to the management team.
- Recording and reporting
- To complete daily kitchen records in accordance with the appropriate Food Hygiene Regulations using the “Safer Food Better Business Manual”
- To promote and maintain a professional attitude towards residents, visitors and colleagues.
- To attend team meetings, briefing sessions for staff
- To attend training and supervision when requested.
- To attend regular 1 to 1’s and annual Individual Performance Planning meetings with your Manager.
- To promote the Association in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- To prepare and present written reports as and when required.
- Willing to obtain the QCF/NVQ level 2 in Food preparation
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of care nutritional needs
- Food hygiene e-learning course
- Knowledge of environmental health regulations
- Safeguarding practices
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Understanding of COSHH/Infection control guidlines
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strives to reach the highest standards in customer service
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally
- Compassionate, patient and empathetic
- Flexible and approachable with a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Deals with emergencies and difficult situations effectively
- Completes records with accuracy and detail
- Works on own initiative
- Team player
- Commitment to own professional and personal development
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on a 7 day rota including weekends
Apply for this position
Back to Recruitment